With a New Year comes the New Year Resolutions, and I have decided to post some of mine to this blog to act as a reminder for me to carry them out.
- Health/Fitness – Last year, I feel that my fitness level declined since I started college. The amount of activity that I was doing was only the amount that was required for class – the minimum. With the gym right outside of my dorm, I am aiming to make an effort to workout there before my classes start at least three times a week. Hopefully by making this effort I can increase my energy level and warm my body before my dance class of the morning while of course increasing my stamina and strength while hopefully decreasing my weight.
- Career/Performance – My summer will be divided into two parts – the first half will be for school and the second will be for dance. I want to go to a dance intensive but I am currently unsure of which to do, but I do know that I will have to prepare an audition tape and application. My goal is to go into the spring semester with questions about summer dance intensives and seek help with applying. I also plan to try for as many performance opportunities as possible for next fall semester. I was not able to audition for the spring concert because of my class schedule, and I may run into that problem again next fall. However, I was still able to perform in the MFA pieces, and I hope to be involved in more opportunities like those.
- Financial – One goal is to make more money than I spend. I want to cut out buying unless the item is required and cut out spending unless it is for a social event. I also want to set a goal of applying to as many school scholarships as possible. Unfortunately many scholarships will not extend past my freshman year in college, so I must devote my time to essay writing and applying for a financially successful sophomore year.
- Social – As an introverted person going out to parties and spending time in with large groups of people makes me slightly uncomfortable; I would rather sit in my room with my laptop. My introverted nature, however, is no excuse for me to be anti-social. I think the only person who I talk to regularly is my sister; I rarely text or call others; and if it weren’t for school, I do not think that I would have contact with anyone. I want to build stronger relationships with the people that I know, and I will try to do that by reaching out to others and developing myself more socially.
- Creative – I want to choreograph more and document what I create. I know that I will definitely be choreographing for assignments in my composition class, but I hope to get in the studio when I feel inspired. I want to set a goal of reading more; I used to be an avid reader, but the realm of YouTube has me consuming more video content than literature. I want to read a book at least once a month – a small goal compared to my achieved past goal of reading 100 books in a year. Lastly, I want to set a goal of posting more content to this blog that is not school assignment-related. This is the first and will not be the last.